Friday, May 30, 2008

Another one with "She's All That"

This card was partly inspired by a technique shown by Beate Johns on her blogsite as well as on the splitcoaststampers website. The grid lines on this card are made by scoring every 1/2" across your paper and then again in this case at a 90 degree angle from the first parallel set of lines. After scoring, I stamped my background stamp over the indentations.

Here's the details...
I used my Coluzzle cutter kit to cut the large circle in white, then stamped the girl in Soft Sky. After that, I scored the grid, then used my Canvas background stamp and unevenly stamped Apricot Appeal ink over the girl. Then I sponged the edges of the circle with more Apricot Appeal ink. To finish off the circle, I added a few flower outlines in more Apricot Appeal using the "Wonderful You" stamp set. The scalloped edge is made from punching out 1/2" circles from Purely Pomegranate cardstock and adhering them to the back of the circle. "Life is good" was stamped on whisper white cardstock in Purely Pomegranate ink and was punched out using my small oval punch. The edges of the oval were sponged with Purely Pomegranate ink before putting it in my Pewter Hodgepodge hardware oval label. The left side of the label was attached to the card with the matching brad from the hardware kit while the right side was attached with a piece of Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon. The base of this 5x5 card was made with Apricol Appeal textured cardstock to which I added a strip of Soft Sky designer series paper along the bottom of the card.
Hope you like it! Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Amy!
Have a great weekend! Hugs and smiles

Brooke S said...

Love the grid technique. Isn't it so fun to use.. Cute card! I really like the circle shape for the card.

Anonymous said...

woohoo! you have comments! I love the grids and the colours!