Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A wedding card for Daniel and Tammi

The wedding colours were in navy blue and gold. I didn't have any gold, so yellow was the next best thing. I had a hard time with the colours at first, which is actually quite funny since my own wedding colours were navy blue and banana cream yellow! LOL!
I used Night of Navy and Barely Banana cardstock. The wedding girl from the "She's All That" stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Clear embossing powder (which I embossed twice to make a smooth finish). The background is stamped with my "Wonderful You" stamp set with the outline in Apricot Appeal and the solid flowers in So Saffron. I used Vanilla 5/8" wide grosgrain ribbon for the accent and a stamp from the retired set "Love Matters" for the sentiment on the front.
Note: you can't see in this photo very well, but the base Night of Navy cardstock is actually slightly larger than the Barely Banana cardstock layered on the front, revealing a 1/8" border of Night of Navy.
The Barely Banana cardstock is torn by hand on the bottom and applied with SU Dimensionals to the base cardstock as is the image of the wedding girl over that in the Night of Navy.

I'm happy with how it turned out in the end. I hope Daniel and Tammi like it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they loved it after seeing the blood sweat and tears that went into it! lol.