Friday, May 9, 2008

Visiting Old Friends

I have been meaning to upload a few new cards, but have not been able to find my USB connecting cord from my camera...Grrr. So I thought I'd show you a few cards I did in the past that I still like. I hope you enjoy them as well. Each of these cards is made with SU products, but all of the stamp sets are now retired.




This is a baby card I made for my Uncle's little boy. I still love SU Classy Copper embossing powder and continue to lament it's retirement. That also goes for the Copper metal edged tags. Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue (I think); Chocolate Chip 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; I did some peekaboo holes with tht 3/4" circle punch and matched the stamped images through the holes; I can't remember what the stamp set was called, but I believe it was a hostess set.


As a demonstrator, I'm always trying to come up with simple and quick cards to do for workshops in peoples homes. This card was one of my first simple cards that I actually liked. If I were to do it again, I know I would be forced to add to it and it wouldn't be as simple, but I still really like the basic elements, the colors, and the layout of this card. (I would definitely add a wider ribbon to start with). You can't really see it in this photo, but I used a direct ink to paper technique to make a suede-like look on the base card simply by sliding the ink pad over the paper maintaining a horizontal directing with each pass. Simple, but effective. This retired stamp set is "Lexicon of Love".


This last card I wanted to show you was done for a workshop as well. The card base is a retired little gift card (you can get them in other colors still) that, when closed, a tab slides in a slot. I used the retired set "Love Matters". The background is stamped with the much loved "Canvas" background stamp in Tempting Turquoise; the words stamped with Regal Rose ink. I used Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, and Very Vanilla paper. The image is colored with SU markers.

So, there's a few to fill the void until my camera USB cord is found. Even then, I haven't been doing a whole lot. I keep hoping that will change, but life is kind of getting in the way between being fatigued with pregnancy and all of the household duties (which now include the dreaded yardwork -- normally I like working in the soil, but we have sooooo many weeds)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe! I love these cards so fun and easy for classes!

Anonymous said...

oh PS Look at this! I think we should do one!
http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2008/05/build-a-brad-br.html