Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Salvaging Scraps

I've never been very good at remembering to use up scrap paper. I'm at the point now where I don't even try to save small remnants. I'm determined to change that and this is my first attempt.


This card front is made entirely of scrap paper. I will do my best to tell you the colours and papers used, but don't hold me to it: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Going Grey, Blush Blossom, and Whisper White. The patterned papers are of my favorite retirees and I believe it was called Spring Flowers. I also used the retired 1/4" ribbon (can't remember what the colour was, but it matches the cocoa paper). I used Blush Blossom ink to stamp the "welcome" at the top (hard to see in this photo) from the stamp set "Warm Words" and the main front image from the set "Sweet Thing", was stamped with versamark and embossed with retired pink embossing powder. I used stampin' dimensionals to raise up the Close to Cocoa square and the white square on top of it.

I was going for a bit of a quilted look, but didn't feel like taking the time to actually pull out my sewing machine for the final touch. I'll have to try that next time as I think it would add a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember there is always fuax stitching!!! I think stitching would make this card from great to awesome!!! lol. but its a great card none the less :P

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

cute :)