1. I LOVE ladybugs. I think they represent the purity of the great outdoors and God's creation. I love that they are so cute but are absolutely vicious when it comes to aphids!! hehe. Unfortunately, I'm not vicious, just cute. :P
2. I'm a bit of a loner. I like my alone time and sometimes my need for it (with 2 toddlers I don't get much time to myself) takes time and energy away from the opportunity to develop relationships with friends.
3. I love the outdoors, but somehow don't get out there much. When I do have a chance, I love to go camping far away from people (forestry campsites are the best), or I'll get out for a run on a local path beside the river.
4. I grew up with holidays consisting of camping/hiking/canoeing trips. I did the West Coast Trail when I was 12 years old, the Bowren Lake chain when I was 15, and as I got older we continued to do some great adventures on the Broken Group, Tweedsmeir Park, Bunsby Islands, and many other trips that where only a bit less fantastic. I love my experiences and in no way do I feel ripped off that we never went to Disney Land. (I will find an opportunity to take my kids one day, though)
5. I hated cross-country skiing as a kid. I took classes every winter and was always the last kid, the complaining and cold kid in the group. I was miserable. Then I realized at about 12 years old that I was pretty good at it and it started to be fun. I raced in BC for a number of years and enjoyed some Loppets (kind of the equivalent of a marathon for running). I still really enjoy it, but as a family, I find it harder to get out.
Here's a photo of me and my 2 year old out for a ski. She chatted in my ear happily the entire time we were skiing. Even though she's not smiling in this picture, she really did love it! Next year she'll be too heavy to carry, so she'll ride in a Polk (a sled that you pull behind you when you ski).
6. I'm a very messy housekeeper. If you come to my house and it looks tidy and clean, that's because I'm trying to pretend I'm like everyone else and cleaned my house like mad before you arrived!! If you come over and my house is a mess, that usually means that I'm finished pretending and I'm comfortable with you knowing the horrible truth about me!!
7. I like acting on stage. Started that in highschool. I was a shy, quiet kid who wanted to be an artist. I took art classed in grade 8, but the program in our school forced you to do half a year in art and half a year in drama. I won an award for drama and wasn't recognised for my artwork, so I took drama in grade 9, 10, 11, and 12!! Sorry to say my drawing abilities have gone downhill, but I still am involved in drama in my church. I've always loved the idea of being in a community theatre production, but most often, it seems, they do musicals, and I CAN'T SING!!
So, there you have it. My seven facts.
I have some cards to show you soon. Just have to take some pictures of them first.