Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Make a Wish

I was able to take another photo of this card and re-upload it. It's a bit easier to look at, don't you think? I still don't understand why the other photo wouldn't stay upright!! CRAZY!!


A very strange little glitch here, requiring you to view this card with your head tilted 90 degrees to the right!! I don't know why this has happened. I even tried turning it on its other side before uploading it, but then it actually stayed that way! Annoying, I must say! I do apologise, but have no control over the issue, so you'll just have to consider it a new way to experience a card. LOL!!


I really like this colour combo - bright and cheery. On this 5x5 card, I used Old Olive, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, and Bashful Blue cardstock. The background is stamped with the "Stems and Silhoettes" stampin around jumbo wheel in Old Olive ink. The girl (stamped in old olive) and sentiment are from the "She's All That" set in the current mini catalogue. I used my ticket corner punch on the bashful blue cardstock and made the pumpkin pie scalloped edge using my 1/2" circle punch and tucking the circles just under the edge of the apricot appeal cardstock. The ovals are punched using the large and small oval stampin' up punches. I also used stampin' dimensionals behind the matted girl and again to raise up the ovals with the "make a wish" stamped on them. Finally, I used my striped Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon to accent the card.

All and all, I think I like it (she says, with a sideways glance)

(:

No comments: