Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy 21st!


My friend, Seana, turned 21 on January 1st. This is the card that I made for her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEANA!!
I saw a card with these colors together and really liked it (not really surprised that it includes old olive...hehe). The colors include: Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Old Olive and textured Basic Black paper with Pumkin Pie grosgrain ribbon. I didn't have any large number stamps or anything precut (chipboard would have been nice), so I traced numbers from a stamp set in the SU catalogue ("Big Deal Numbers" set) and carefully cut them out of textured basic black card stock. The Old Olive printed paper is from the retired Linen Prints from the last SU catalogue (sorry, not available to purchase anymore). I made the matching envelope out of the same double sided patterned paper with my 5-in-1 Envelope Template. I used my double rectangular hole punch for the holes in which I wove (is that a real word?) the ribbon through. The "Happy Birthday" is from the "It's Your Birthday" stamp set. The "st" is from the "Short Order Numbers" set. The numbers are raised from the page with stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! love the colours and the layout! I will just have to bring some of the new paper with me when I come up for you to try! You should see the cards I just made today!