Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saffron Toile


This is a 3x6 card in So Saffron stamped with the Bella Toile background in So Saffron ink. I used a similar layout to a previous card I posted, but switched up the colours and the ribbon for a more casual look. The textured paper is Basic Grey while the flower is cut from Regal Rose cardstock with my daisy #2 sizzix die in my Big Shot. The stripey paper is from the Urban Garden Designer Series paper. The sentiment is from the "Fresh Cuts" stamp set.

The ribbon is So Saffron grosgrain, which unfortunately is no longer available as it was a Sale-a-bration promotion item. I used the Aged Copper Jumbo eyelet for the flower center.


To put it all together, I simply used my cropadial to punch a 3/16" hole in the paper layers. I also used the cropadial to set the eyelet onto the center of the flower. The ribbon was threaded through the hole from the back and through the eyelet, while the other end came around to the front of the card and went under the flower and up through the eyelet where I tied the ends together in a single knot.

Let me know if that's too confusing and I'll happily show you in person (if possible) or I can photograph the steps to put on my blog.

Thanks for visiting me today :)

Please leave a comment and have your name entered for the blog candy draw on July 15th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - I'm missing stamping now...receiving cards...anything card'ish'...

Thanks for putting on such beautiful things to look at and make me envious:)

gwen~

Anonymous said...

what a great Amy card! love it!