Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day Shadow Box Cards


Here are the shadow box cards I made for my moms for Mother's Day. I used a tutorial from The Sunset House blog. I chose Pacific Point and Certainly Celery for my colour pallet with a splash of So Saffron.

The one card uses a Cuttlebug embossing folder to make the diamond embossed background. I made the cutout circles with my Spellbinder Nestibilities (you could also use the Coluzzle cutter or the Circle Scissor Plus cutter). The flowers inside the box are coloured using a blender pen and some pacific point ink.




The second card has some 3D butterflies which were stamped on Vellum (cardstock weight) with Black Stazon ink and carefully cut out. Then I coloured around the edges with a blender pen and some Pacific Point ink, folded the wings up and glued the body of the butterfly to the paper (lining it up with a prestamped image on the card base).

The butterfly stamp is from the "Dreams Du Jour" stamp set; the flourish is from "Baroque Motifs"; the sentiment is from a retired set from a few years ago; flowers from the Pretties Kit; brads are Old Olive and So Saffron; I used the ticket corner punch to finish the edges; paper piercing was guided with the Mat Pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - those are incredible:) I'm sure 'Mom's' were happy to receive them. Some day soon I'll be stamping again...right?
gwen~

Anonymous said...

so fun! I need to do some more fun cards!