Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fresh Cuts with sponging

I made this card as a thank you to my brother for having us stay with them in Victoria and showing us around. We had a great time.

This card is made with the "Fresh Cuts" stamp set (available again in August) and the laser cut, 4" square Fresh Cuts Notes. To make this look, I first removed the laser cut sections of the flower and stamped the background stamp in versamark ink. Then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. After that, I sponged on my colours (Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate, and Groovy Guava) and wiped the excess off of the embossed areas.

I used Purely Pomegranate cardstock as an insert inside the card after I sponged a bit of Purely Pomegranate and Blue Bayou ink in a circular pattern so that it would add some richness to the outside of the card where it showed through the laser cut petals. The clear round rhinestone brad (from the Pretties Kit) is holding the fabric flower (from the pretties kit also), which I dyed with Blue Bayou ink by pressing it directly on the ink pad, to the Purely Pomegranate cardstock. That way, when the card is opened the pomegranate insert opens also.

I think my laser cut flower would look better if it was turned around. I'm pretty sure I have it up-side-down right now. The single point should be at the top. Oops!

I think I'll miss the richness of these colours when they retire in August. But I'm sure I'll fall in love with the new colours just like I did with these. (I actually wasn't very excited about these colours at first...they definitely grew on me!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job and colours! I need to take my cards out of the package! duh!