Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Build-a-brad Bracelet


Melanie and I made bracelets back in June using some jewelry materials along with the SU Build-a-Brads. I think they turned out really neat. I would do a couple things differently next time to help the clear plastic bubble covers stick better. We used the wire pliers in the SU Tool Kit to manipulate the tales of the brads around the hoops in the chain that we put them on. Next time I will do that first before finishing the brads as the pinching required to secure the brads in placed caused the "bubble" to mark and also lift up on the edges. This particular bracelet will need some adjustments made to fix the lifting edges. I think I'll try taking the "bubble" tops off and just use some Glassy Glaze Enamel embossing powder to protect the paper on top of the brads.

Maybe Mel can tell us where she got the idea to do the bracelets. It was a blog she frequently visits. Could you write it in my comments, Mel? Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no worries! I got the idea from Patty:

http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/build_a_brad/

I need to take a pic of mine one of these days! I'm still working through the card kits I got! lol. trying to make cards with just the things in the envelopes!