Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Simple Kid's Card

I haven't been doing very much stamping lately. Not feeling terribly creative, I'm afraid. Here's a simple card I put together for my nephew's 7th birthday. I used Garden Green for my base color, then used Summer Sun to mat the birdie image. The Whisper White cardstock is edged with Garden Green ink using a Marvelous Marker. I also coloured the image (from the stamp set "Pun Fun") using my Stampin' Up! (SU) Marvelous Markers and a blender pen to pull the colour around a bit to give a simple water coloured look. The ribbon is SU's More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. And to give a bit more pop, I used my handy dandy Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the matted image to the green cardstock.

I would be much more impressed with myself if I not only managed to make a card, but actually got it in the mail before his birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats like a first to get a card out before bday :P I love the shading! I need to try more shading! This one gal had some awesome chading done to look like copics but with SU markers! so now that I have all the markers I realy need to start learning how to use them! I also just got that set you used with this card! I want to use it too! love ya!

Janine said...

How cute is this !! So sweet and simple

Faithful 2 U said...

Too cute!