This first card is a baby card using Stampin' Up! craft paper for the base, Ruby Red and Groovy Guava. I used the Kraft taffeta ribbon and did some faux stitching on the strip of Groovy Guava near the bottom. This is done by piercing a row of holes, then connecting the dots with a white gel pen (Stampin' Up! has a very nice one). I used this technique on all of these cards...I guess I was a little stitch happy. I used Stampin' dimensionals to raise the large rectangle as well as the smaller rectangle on top of it. The image is embossed with black embossing powder and the stamp is from "Sweet Thing" stamp set. Finally, I used my corner rounder punch to add the scalloped edge at the bottom of the card. Oh, and the patterned paper is Groovy Guava Prints Designer paper.
This card is clearly similar to the one above. I just used Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, and Garden Green instead of the pink combo above. The ribbon is the Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon. I think that the striped Wild Wasabi (it's new in the catalogue this season) would have looked good with this as well.
This card is similar to the first. I needed to swap the Kraft ribbon for the Guava double stitched ribbon when I used the white cardstock for the stamped image as the Kraft ribbon just looked dingy next to the white paper. The stamped image is from the "It's All Good" stamp set, which, after stamping with Ruby Red classic ink, I quickly embossed it with clear embossing powder. I heard from Beate Johns that you can make a smoother look if you quickly add more embossing powder when your image is still warm and heat emboss it again. I must agree, it does look more finished that way. I punched out the image with my circle punch (1-1/4", I think) and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals to the Ruby Red scallop circle (used my scallop punch).
This last card is a similar layout to one I posted not very long ago. The stamp set is, again, from the "It's All Good" set and I double embossed it with clear embossing powder over Old Olive ink. I used my 1-1/4" square punch to cut it out and my 1-3/8" square punch to frame it in Old Olive paper. The background is Kraft cardstock and I used Summer Sun and Real Rust cardstock, which I sponged the edges of with a slighly darker ink to give a sort of antiqued look. The Kraft cardstock is also sponged around the edges. The ribbon is Chocolate 15/16th" Satin Ribbon which you can find in Stampin' Up!'s Ribbon Original Theatre set. And I used a piece of hodgepodge aged copper hardware to embellish the ribbon using the technique I showed you in one of my earliest posts. Stampin' Dimensionals once again add depth to my card by slightly raising up the stamped image.
Hope you like these cards. Thanks for visiting!