Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Melanie!



I made this card using the same card base as was used for my Christmas tree card on the previous post. The scalloped window is from Stampin' Up!'s "Accents and Elements" tin of stickers made with heavy weight paper. This one is from the Borders and Blossoms tin which are all in easy to use neutral colours.
I added depth to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals to pop-up the scalloped window. The image is a hostess set (Oh, So Lovely) which I first stamped on Soft Sky textured paper with Blue Bayou ink. Then I stamped the same image on my watercolour paper using Stazon black ink, coloured it with a blender pen and ink pad, and punched it out with a circle punch so it would fit behind my window.
I black embossed my Happy Birthday sentiment (from "It's Your Birthday" stamp set). Embossing adds such a nice finished look to projects. Another technique I often use is tearing my paper as I did with my layers at the bottom of this card.
This card uses River Rock, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Purely Pomegranate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Christmas tree card was stunning, but I like the sketch done this way too...nice job!

Anonymous said...

Love it! teehee

Tee said...

Nice card! the colors are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

woohoo! your counter is just past 1k! good girl! Im stalking the SU site waitting for the preview catty to come one! its fun there are a punch of girls on SCS waitting too! lol. Im at work for antoher hr and then off to the craft fair! I will try to call you tomorrow!

Corie said...

This is simply beautiful!!!