Friday, November 23, 2007

Acetate Christmas



Can you say "Amy likes old olive!" Ya, I know, but old olive is just right for all things Christmas. I'll try to make my next card without olive, I promise!!


This one is made by stamping and embossing on acetate (overhead projector sheet). I used whisper white craft ink and embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder using my new Perfect Presentation hostess stamp set. Note: when embossing on acetate you need to be very careful not to overheat as you could melt the plastic. I then used my coluzzle cutter to make the oval window (textured soft sky and a piece of brocade background designer series paper). The paper piercing around the window didn't add as much as I'd hoped. The background stamp on the olive was done while masking off the oval centre so that the area behind the acetate would be plain.


Try embossing on acetate. It's a great effect!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great babe! Embossing on Acetate is on my list of to do's! Im trying to spend time with the boys and clean the house! (gut it is more like it!) Im starting to panick at the lack of Christmas ideas! grrr! I dont know what I want to make my Christmas cards! Nothing has "popped" for me! grrr! love ya!