Thursday, September 3, 2009
With the bride's help, we made these lovely wedding invitations. I used the Fifth Avenue stamp set in Elegant Eggplant and Apricot Appeal on Very Vanilla cardstock. The eggplant cardstock was dry embossed using an embossing folder. Stampin' Up! doesn't have this particular one, but has a number of dry emboss options with folders, texture plates, and templates. A great way to add texture and interest to your projects!
The photo is matted with Very Vanilla cs and mounted with Stampin' dimensionals. We used the white organza ribbon with a single silver brad for interest.
Inside the card was done on paper vellum by printing it from my computer in red ink and quickly clear embossing it while the ink was still wet. I used vellum tape (not available with SU) to apply the vellum to the vanilla cardstock. Leanne wanted to have a place for her bridal registry information as well as a map to the wedding location, so she wanted a pocket area to put everything into to keep it tidy. We did the pocket on the inside of the card front by adhering only 3 sides, leaving one side open and punching a half circle to make the pocket obvious and easy to access the contents. The purple writing on the top inside of the card was also done on the computer.
I'm excited to see if the new My Digital Studio now available through SU will make formatting these things easier. I'll let you know as soon as I get mine in the beginning of October!
at 8:40 AM