Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wonderful Wonder Crayon Thoughts


I am very pleased with this card. I gave it to my good and dear friend who's dad just passed away. Love you, Tammy.

This card uses Very Vanilla cardstock for the base layer as well as the second layer which was stamped with my Bella Toile background stamp in Creamy Caramel ink. I stamped the ink off once on a scrap piece of paper before stamping it on my card to give a softer colour.


The main image is from the stamp set "Thoughts and Prayers". I used my Water Colour Wonder Crayons (Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose, Rose Red) to colour the rubber after dampening it by misting it with water from a spray bottle. Once coloured, I misted it again a few times until it was slightly wet, then stamped it onto water colour paper. I used my white gel pen for the flower centers after the colour dried.

The edges of the water colour paper were sponged with Creamy Caramel ink. The White Organza ribbon was a couple of scraps that I attached with Sticky Strip just to the edges of the Toile stamped cardstock so that it appears to go all the way through behind the water colour paper. I stamped the sentiment in Always Artichoke ink on Very Vanilla CS from my "Wonderful You" stamp set (retiring at the end of this month) and punched it out with the small oval punch. I then framed it with a large oval punch out of Creamy Caramel CS. As a final framing touch, I used the Vanilla Hodgepodge designer label and attached it to the card front with the coordinating brads. The oval sentiments were attached with stampin dimensionals to the center of the label.

All layers were attached with dimensionals (I'm a bit dimensional happy, LOL!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fresh and breath taking card!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this card. It is so feminine, delicate and sophisticated.
Pat

Anonymous said...

what Pat said...me too:) Sad occassion, for sure, but lovely card.
gwen~

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!
-Pam Wellwood-