Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another bookmark card





Here's a card I made by playing around with my rub-ons. Most of the images are done with rub-ons, except for the word "smile" which was done with my Rough Edge alphabet set and the bookmark has a couple stamps on it from the sets "Merci" and "Smarty Pants".
This is another pocket card with a bookmark in it...it's actually my first attempt. You can't see it in the picture, but the bookmark comes out of the pocket on the back of the card instead of the front. That was due to an error in adhering my pocket closed!
I tried making a narrow bookmark for this card, but found it slid around in a very untidy manner in the pocket, so I had to get creative to have it hold still (I slipped a bit of glue on either side of the inside of the pocket and slapped on an eyelet to help hold the bookmark more securely). My next bookmark card had a wider bookmark to avoid all of the fuss.

I don't love this card, but it's nice and I like it enough that I wouldn't be embarrassed to give it away.

One thing that I do like about it though is how quick it was to make using the rub-ons. They are so tidy and mess free. Needless to say, I have bought more since.
Thanks for looking.
I'm getting closer to 3000 hits, so keep watching for upcoming blog candy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice card! :P

The Rubber Maid said...

Cute card and great bookmark. Pat