Wednesday, December 19, 2007

How to Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig

I made good use of my Stamp-a-ma-jig while making my Christmas cards this year. When used properly, it's a great tool to help you position your stamp images with precision. No more crooked words! It's great if you're looking for precise overlapping of images also. Here's a little tutorial to show you how it works:



1. Start by lining up your clear image sheet into the side of your "jig" being sure it's neatly tucked in and flush with the edges.




2. While holding your jig and the clear sheet steady, line up your stamp flush and snug into your jig and slide it down to stamp your image on the clear sheet.




3. The clear sheet then becomes your guide for positioning your stamp onto your project.









4. Lay your clear sheet over your project to where you want the image to be. Then line your jig up snug as you did before while you hold your image sheet in place over your project.









5. Remove the imaging sheet while firmly holding the jig in place.







6. In the same fashion as you did when stamping on the clear sheet, you will hold the jig firmly in place, line up your stamp flush and snug into the jig and slide the stamp down to stamp the image on your project.










I love how little effort it took to center my "noel" onto my card!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Amy,

I'm trying to email you to get permission to translate in French your tutorial about the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to use on my private team blog. However I can't seem to locate your email address on this blog.

Would you please add your email address to your blog so that I can reach you privately?

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial Amy! Hugs to you all and Merry Christmas girl!

beachgirlscrappin said...

Hi...
I just found your blog during a search for how to use a stamp-a-ma-jig. I just bought one and I have to admit that I was ready to return it until I found your tutorial. Yes, your tutorial made me change my mind and I can hardly wait to use my stamp-a-ma-jig. Thank you for posting it.

Carol Lee

Becky Elfert said...

Thanks for the quick tutorial. My jig has been sitting in its packaging just begging to be used on a project. I'm bookmarking your blog so I'll have your directions ready when I do some stamping.

BTW the card is super cute.